At this time of the year, various commercial strategies are carried out, however, one of the most effective is promotions at the point of sale. That is why, below, we explain why promotions are so important.
What are promotions?
Sales promotion is a tool that allows you to increase sales and at the same time helps to promote products or services to consumers. The objective of these strategies is to encourage the purchase decision at the point of sale during a pre-established and limited period of time.
Why are promotions important?
However, promotions not only help to increase sales, they also provide other benefits:
- They increase the frequency of visits to points of sale.
- They improve product rotation.
- Increases the number of buyers, as new customers are attracted and existing customers are retained.
- It improves the level of preference with respect to the competition.
- It helps to make people aware of new products or changes in a product.
- Increase market share.
- Build brand image.
What are the different types of promotions?
Although there are different types of promotions, at the point of sale, those that are in line with the commercial strategy and with the main objective, to increase sales, will be applied:
- Price promotion: these promotions include 2×1 offers, sales, introductory prices, points systems and cashback offers.
- Gift promotions: this strategy consists of using free products when purchasing certain products.
- Personal promotions: demonstrations and free samples.
- Discount coupons.
When implementing promotions in the POS it is important to avoid stock-outs, for this it is advisable to delegate the promotional management to a specialised company. At Winche Redes Comerciales we optimise the commercial management of our clients thanks to our five activation levers, including the promotional plan. If you want to optimise your commercial management, contact us.